My take on dating Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa guys — Queeneth Agbor

*What she will do if her husband is not good enough in bed
*What refusing a director sex cost her
Fast-rising Nollywood actress, Queeneth Agbor, courageously took the bull by the horn when she relocated all the way from Calabar to Lagos to pursue her dream career, acting. Riding on the crest of divine grace and providence, the sensual actress has since been on the rise in the Nigerian movie industry. In this chat with Showtime Celebrity, the sultry actress, who visited Vanguard’s office in Kirikiri unravels a lot of interesting secrets about her childhood, career, sex, love and life.
What was it like coming from Calabar to Lagos?
It wasn’t that easy for me at first, you know Calabar is a small and calm city compared to Lagos, which is a busy city characterised by a lot of hustle and bustle; traffic everywhere, too many people. It wasn’t easy but with time I had to acclimatise and settled into the system because I came to Lagos for nothing else but to pursue my dream and so I had to settle in real fast. It’s been God all the way, it’s been fine, I thank God for everything. I didn’t have accommodation challenge because I had a cousin that was living in Lagos so I stayed with her for a while before I got my own apartment. My cousin was there for me, she assisted me in acclimatising with the Lagos life.
How would you describe your career so far?
Wow! If I’m to describe my career in one word, I would say ‘great’, because it’s been God’s grace all through. I didn’t just start acting after relocating from Calabar, I had to enroll in an acting school because I had the passion for acting but I didn’t have a background in theatre arts. I had never been in front of the cameras or where a movie was being shot, so I had to enroll in an acting school for three months after which I was chosen for a lead role at the first audition I went for. It was actually a short movie, so that really gave me the courage that I was on the right track, though there were occasional challenges along the way. There was a time I was picked for a sub-lead role alongside Tonto Dikeh, after being given the script I was later dropped for someone else just because I refused to have sex with the director.
I told him I couldn’t do it, even for the role, because I didn’t choose acting as a career to do things like that. Before I started acting, I had already heard a lot about the industry, but I decided that I wasn’t going to stoop so low as to have sex with a producer or director for a movie role, after going to an acting school to acquire the needed skill for the job. I didn’t come all the way from Calabar to Lagos for that, so because I refused I was asked to drop the script. I refused not because the guy was ugly; it was about what I wanted, if I began sleeping around for a movie role, how many times would I have to do that and how many people would I have to sleep with? I just couldn’t do it.
Having sex is actually not a bad thing, but having it in that context means people won’t value you for you, this is a career that you don’t use sex to climb the ladder of success. It’s a different thing entirely if you ask me out on a normal day and I like you, that’s quite different. But when I have sex with you for a movie role, it means I’ve lost my value, I’ve lost all the respect I’m supposed to get from you or any other person.
The thing is, the moment you have sex with one person for a movie role, it will be difficult to stop.
You may have to continue having sex for all your jobs and you will lose focus. It’s okay if you have sex with your boyfriend, but not just anybody, because you should have your self-worth as a lady. After this episode, I posted something on Facebook about my experience, within a short while, a marketer I’ve never met before contacted me, sent me the script for a job, without even knowing me from Adam, and that was it. I didn’t have to sleep with him or do anything naughty. I went to Asaba to do the job; I worked with this man without him making a

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.